Abstract Submission Deadline: Thursday, October 4, 2018
You will be required to pay a $25 one-time, non-refundable, abstract submission fee. This one-time fee will allow you to submit up to two abstracts. Students will NOT be required to pay the $25 submission fee. Submissions by or with younger members will receive additional consideration.
Conference papers and presentations will cover all types of horizontal infrastructure: roads, bridges, dams, levees, plazas, buildings and facilities, rail, waterways transit, water and wastewater, aviation, ports, solid and hazardous waste, telecommunications, and energy.
- Society and Urbanization
- Special Events
- Los Angeles Olympics 2028
- Finance and Management
Cross Cutting Themes
- Resiliency and Disaster Recovery
- Disruptive Technologies and Practices
- Education, Workforce Development, Outreach and Diversity
- Climate Change and Extreme Events
Abstracts must be:
- In English
- Approximately 250 words maximum
- Your own work
- Must include names of all authors, titles, credentials and affiliations
Abstracts must NOT be:
- Previously published
- Commercial or promotional
ASCE membership is encouraged, but not required for submission. Submitters whose abstracts are accepted for presentation, whether oral or poster, are expected to register for and attend the conference in Los Angeles, CA. All expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of abstracts and papers are the responsibility of the authors and co-authors.
Final Paper Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2019
- Final paper length is limited to 12 pages to include the abstract, text, photos and graphics.
- Final paper must be, at minimum, 6 pages in length for inclusion in the published proceedings.
- Final papers must be in English and submitted electronically to the paper submission website.
- Authors whose papers are selected for inclusion in the technical program will be required to register for the ICSI Conference at the appropriate fee, attend the conference, and make their presentation in person.
Speaker/Author Registration Deadline: June 1, 2019
Registration for the ICSI 2019 conference opens up on May 15, 2019. The deadline for speaker/author registration is June 1, 2019, Eastern US Time. Should an individual submit their final paper but fail to register by the deadline, that paper will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
Speaker/author registration fees are nonrefundable due to necessary advance production of the proceedings and program. Exceptions will only be made for illness or emergency if the request is made in writing and accompanied by a doctor's note and/or similar official documentation stating the emergency and person's name. The subsequent refund will be made minus a $100 processing fee.