Thank you for planning to present at ICSI 2021!
The International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure (ICSI) 2021 will provide an environment to present, discuss, and leverage current insights in the planning and development of resilient and sustainable communities globally. Conference content will promote collaboration with a wide diversity of stakeholders that are impacted by global infrastructure challenges and opportunities associated with creating sustainable and resilient communities.
This page is information for the speakers/presenters of ICSI 2021 content. Speakers/presenters roles include individual presentations, panel sessions, plenary sessions, and poster presentations.
Please be sure to complete your tasks in the speaker management system. The system can be accessed here.
Tasks include: uploading a bio, photo, abstract, accepting the speaker waiver conditions, uploading a paper if you are submitting one (and signing the copyright information), and uploading a poster presentation (if you are a poster presenter).
A PowerPoint template has been prepared for speakers to use for their presentations.
July 15 – Registration Opens
Sept 7 – Speaker Registration Deadline (at least one presenter must register for the presentation to be included in program)
November 1 - Speaker Presentations Due
Jan 2022 – Special Collection available online
All ICSI presenters are required to submit abstracts in electronic form (MS Word). An abstract can be brief (250 words or less) or extended. The compilation of abstracts will be provided to the attendees of ICSI 2021 and available publicly on the conference website.
Please double-check that your presentation and written materials clearly demonstrate how your work addresses sustainability and/or resilience of the built environment. Abstracts will be reviewed lightly for appropriateness, logic, structure, and English composition.
Posters will be accessible to conference attendees for the duration of the event. Attendees will be able to engage with poster presenters via text or video chat upon request utilizing the virtual platform networking functions. In addition to the poster content, each poster presenter will be able to upload additional files within their poster room for attendees’ access. Poster content will not be downloadable by the attendees.
All content must be the sole work of the presenter(s) and/or contain all necessary copyright approvals. Poster content must be submitted via the paper management system by November 1st (otherwise your work might not be included in the program).
Poster presenters have options as to how they would like to present their material. Utilizing the paper management system to upload your content, you may choose one of the following:
• Video/audio file – Create a video presentation of your work. You may choose to use PowerPoint slides with audio voice over or some other creative video to convey your work. If using slides, we recommend that you use Zoom to record your video.
(1) Duration must not exceed 5 minutes (longer videos will not be accepted)
(2) Video files must be .mp4 format
• .PDF file – A large, traditional poster with text and graphics, for the viewer to explore by scrolling.
Poster content must be submitted via the paper management system by November 1st (inclusion in program is not guaranteed if not submitted by this date).
Speakers will be required to sign a Speaker Waiver within the paper management system. The language is as follows:
In consideration of my acceptance as a presenter at ICSI 2021, to be held virtually December 6–10, 2021, I agree to the following terms and conditions.
- I hereby grant ASCE a non-exclusive license to broadcast my prerecorded or live video at the Event and to make the audiovisual recording, and any accompanying handouts, transcripts, or other materials available on-demand for registered attendees on the Event website, for a term not to exceed one (1) year.
- In granting this non-exclusive license to ASCE, I understand that I retain the intellectual property rights of this content to include any transcripts or other materials related to this/these presentation(s).
- To the best of my knowledge, nothing in my presentation violates the rights of others, including without limitation any intellectual property, proprietary, or privacy rights.
- My presentation(s) is/are factually accurate and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful.
- I am the author or owner of my presentation(s), or am authorized to present this material on behalf of the owner. I have the authority to enter into this agreement, and I am the copyright owner of all material that is included or used in my presentation(s), or I have obtained all necessary permissions and have duly credited all contributions from any persons or organizations whose material is used in my presentation(s).
By completing this task, you are agreeing to the above terms. If you do NOT agree, please note that we will be unable to use your content as part of ICSI 2021.
A curated and peer-reviewed Special Collection publication is anticipated for publication in the ASCE Library in January 2022 for purchase (not included in the registration price). Papers included in the publication will be selected from optional manuscripts submitted by Conference presenters.
Speakers, promote your work! Templates have been provided to help speakers promote their presentations on social media pages. Speakers are encouraged to use one of these templates and #ICSI2021 in all social media posts.